Monday, January 30, 2012

Low-Cal Strawberry Icebox Dessert

While killing time on Pinterest, I found this simple recipe for No Bake Strawberry Icebox Cake.  The recipe seemed easy enough, but I decided I would make a low calorie/nearly sugar free version.

I used about 3 cups of sugar free chocolate pudding, 12 Low Fat Honey Graham Crackers, almost a whole container of Cool Whip Free, and maybe 1 cup of sliced fresh strawberries.  Then I layered them like a lasagna and refrigerated it over night. (You definitively have to let it set for a minimum of 4 hours, this allows the graham crackers to absorb moisture from the Cool Whip and pudding and softens them.)





Here is the nutritional break down for 1 of the 12 servings of this -

Calories - 145
Carbs - 25
Fat - 1g

Pretty good I think!  More importantly ~ How did it taste?  It was very tasty!  It's no chocolate birthday cake but it will definitely satisfy your sweet tooth craving.

I will make a few changes for next time.  I think I will cook down the strawberries to make more of a strawberry sauce and I think I will try cream cheese sugar free pudding.

No comments:

Post a Comment