Friday, November 9, 2012

Hot Fudge Pie

I was looking for an easy chocolate dessert to make for a Football Party last weekend, and I found this recipe for Hot Fudge Pie.

After reading the blog and learning it was her grandma's recipe, I had high hopes it would be delicious! It also only had 7 ingredients, all of which I had on hand. And with Hot Fudge in the title, I was sold.  I could eat just hot fudge (no ice cream) and be a happy camper.

Ingredients
4 ounces unsalted butter
1 ½ squares unsweetened baking chocolate (1.5 ounces)
1 cup sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons milk

Directions
  1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Butter an eight-inch diameter pie plate or cake pan – I used a 9 inch, which made my pie a little thinner.
  3. Melt butter and chocolate - I also used the microwave to do this, very easy.
  4. Mix sugar into beaten eggs, combine until sugar is fully incorporated.
  5. Mix in butter-chocolate mixture until completely blended.
  6. Add vanilla and milk. Stir well.
  7. Fold in flour, mixing just until no white streaks remain – do not overbeat.
  8. Bake for 25 minutes.
Pre Baking 
Out the Oven

I did have some trouble determining if it was done.  I knew it would have a fudgey texture so the toothpick trick wasn't going to help.  I let my pie bake a few extra minutes, and then let it cool.

We didn't eat the pie until hours later, so it wasn't all hot and gooey like the blog directed. I did warm it in the microwave before adding the ice cream.



This pie is amazing! The texture is fudgey and its so chocolaty!  I will definitively be making this again.  Grandmother Jessie - thank you for this recipe!    

No comments:

Post a Comment