Saturday, April 26, 2014

Cinnamon Roll Cake

I needed a recipe for a Breakfast Potluck last week. I found this Cinnamon Roll Cake recipe on Cookin Up North Blog. I thought I could handle this recipe, since it was basically baking a cake!

I started by mixing all the cake ingredients together -
3 cups flour
1/4 tsp.salt
1 cup sugar
4 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 cups milk
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup butter, melted

Then I poured the batter into a 9" x 13" greased baking dish.


While I was making the cake, I took out 2 sticks of better to soften. I usually sit these on top my stove while it preheats to speed the softening up. It was then that I realized this breakfast had THREE STICKS OF BUTTER! I knew it would be delicious.

I creamed together the ingredients for the topping - 
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
2 Tbsp. flour
1 Tbsp. cinnamon

Then I swirled the topping into the batter.


I baked the Cinnamon Roll cake at 350 degrees for 32 minutes, maybe even a little longer. It took a while for the cake to set up in the middle. 

I mixed the 2 cups powdered sugar, 5 Tbsp. milk and 1 tsp. vanilla and made the glaze. 

When I took the cake out of the oven, I used a skewer and poked multiple holes throughout the surface of the cake so the glaze would ooze throughout. Then I poured the warm glaze over the cake.


I wish I had taken a picture of a slice of the cake but it was gone before I had a chance! Everyone loved this breakfast item! I will definitively make this again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment