Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Wedding Pallet Sign


For our wedding last year, I wanted to create something to let people know the day of agenda, but I didn't want to make programs that people would end up throwing away.

I also wanted to create a sign to put near the entrance so people would know they were in the right place for our wedding.

So, I decided to create a large pallet sign to solve both of these needs.

Using the same idea as the small pallet sign I made for our engagement photos, I had my dad build a large sign using 4" cedar boards. The final sign ended up being 7 boards tall.

We used grey stain to paint the sign to keep it consistent with our wedding colors.

Based on the size I created my design. I knew I wanted to include times for the ceremony, dinner, dancing, cake and fireworks.

I put our initials at the top followed by lyrics from our 1st dance song. And to fill the remaining space I used a cute lovebird graphic.

I cut all of the words out of outdoor safe vinyl in white and pink and carefully applied them with transfer tape to the sign.

If you are looking for some pretty script fonts, I really love the bundles from HungreyJpeg. Their current Smashing September Bundle has over 45 fonts for only $29!

In the end I was very happy with how the sign turned out. And now we have a fun wedding memento as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment