Tuesday, June 14, 2011

I hate tomatoes

Michael was brought up with a knack for gardening.  So when he suggested we start our own garden this year, I was excited but afraid because I don't have a green thumb.  I have quite the opposite, I usually kill plants just by being near them.

We discovered that here on the Northshore we have bad soil.  I'm not sure I would even call it soil, more like a clay/rock combo.  So after much debate we built a small semi raised garden.




So that was our garden back in March.  We planted 3 different types of Tomato (Creole, Roma and Pink Lady), eggplant, banana and cayenne pepper, corn and cucumbers.  I figured the more plants we had the better odds they would have to survive! Maybe we would get a few of each vegetable.

Boy was I wrong.  Our little garden defied all odds- bad soil, my un-green thumb, Louisiana heat, and no space!  Now our garden is exploding at the seams!



At first we had so many cayenne peppers I didn't know what to do!


But atleast I like peppers... Now we have so many tomatoes its ridiculous...





And I don't even like tomatoes!

So if anyone has any good recipes for tomato sauce, or salsa or anything with tomatoes please share them with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment