Thursday, June 19, 2014

Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell

Fangirl
by Rainbow Rowell

When I read the tagline for this novel "A coming-of-age tale of fan fiction, family and first love." I was sold! And then when I realized the fan fiction was based on a certain wizarding world I knew I had to read it!

Cath and her twin sister Wren have just started college. They are living separately, per Wren's wishes, and they are adjusting very differently. Wren is partying and Cath basically never leaves her room.

In new situations, all the trickiest rules are the ones nobody bothers to explain to you. (And the ones you can't Google.) Like, where does the line start? What food can you take? Where are you supposed to stand, then where are you supposed to sit? Where do you go when you're done, why is everyone watching?...Bah.
I love all of Cath's idiosyncrasies, she is so relatable! And I love how she thinks, and sometimes says exactly what I would.

Courtney didn't seem to get that they were avoiding the subject. (That girl had the subtlety of a Spencer's Gifts Shop.)

I am a Rainbow Rowel Fangirl! I plan on reading every book she writes. I love her style, laid back and real.

Rating: 4.5 out of 5 Stars! What a wonderful story! There's romance, family drama, gay fan fiction and real life. This was a great book and I would recommend it to anyone! And add ANYTHING by Rainbow Rowell to your "To Read List" this Summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment