Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Cookie Butter

Last week I stumbled up a recipe that used Trader Joe's (apparently FAMOUS) Cookie Butter. But sadly, I don't have a Trader Joe's nearby. So I decided to find a recipe and make some cookie butter to see what all the fuss was about.

I found Averie Cooks recipe for Cookie Butter Peanut Butter. It's simple, with only 5 ingredients I was excited to see how it turned out.

I started with my Honey Roasted Peanuts in my food processor.


As I watched them whirl round and round, I thought 'This is never going to get smooth.' But I waited, like the recipe said, and watched the transformation before my eyes.


I was so impressed! Creamy, delicious peanut butter in 5 minutes! I think I will be making my own peanut butter in the future.

Then I added 12 cookies. I added a few more later because it was still thin, so in total I probably added 16-18 cookies.


Then I added the vanilla and the tablespoon of cinnamon. I think this is too much cinnamon. The cookies have a cinnamon flavor so I would reduce this to a teaspoon of cinnamon.

Next I poured in the white chocolate chips. I ended up adding another handful because the butter wasn't sweet enough for me.


After blending all the ingredients together, the mixture was very loose. I was hoping this was due to the heat of the food processor so I decided to chill the butter over night. This picture is before it was chilled.


The next day it had firmed up so I went right in with a spoon. And to be honest, I was disappointed. The cookie butter tasted good but it wasn't anything I could go crazy with and eat in one sitting. I ended up dipping the leftover cookies in the butter and liked that better.


I have a few recipes I want to try with the cookie butter, maybe I will like those better than just the butter by itself. Maybe the homemade version isn't a good substitution for the Trader Joe's Cookie Butter. As soon as our Trader Joe's opens this fall I will buy some cookie butter and see for myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment