Friday, July 12, 2013

Life on the Edge

Life on the Edge by Jennifer Comeaux

I heard about Life on the Edge through work. The author Jennifer Comeaux works for the same company as I do. When I heard our CEO bragging about our best selling author, I knew I had to read these books!

Life on the Edge is the love story of Emily, a pairs figure skater, and her coach, Sergei. They both have Olympic dreams, Emily to be the first American pairs team to win a gold medal (with her partner Chris) and Sergei to coach them to gold. It's not allowed for these two to date, but everyone knows you can't help who you fall in love with.

In the drawing light, I saw the longing in Sergei's gaze. No one had ever looked at me that way. I was as still as the morning around me, but inside my heart raced.

I read Life on the Edge in one sitting! I loved the romantic connection between Emily and Sergei. Their love was pure and sweet and I was captivated watching them fall in love. I really cared for these characters and wanted them to be together.

"I want you in my life forever." My gaze met Sergei's. "So no more lies. No more secrets."

I am so use to evil, twisted characters that I kept waiting for the proverbial 'other shoe to drop' (or in this book 'other skate to drop'). It was refreshing to read a story about two good people. Obviously, no one is perfect (Sergei's past), but these two had the perfect balance. Their story and feelings were very relatable. I was able to put myself into their relationship, it felt as if I was right there with them. Through the ups and downs of their story I felt my heart race. I was on the edge of my seat waiting to hear the decision of the Ethics Committee and I was cheering with them when they heard the good news.

Looking into his eyes, I knew I could trust him with my heart forever. I sank into the warmth of his chest as we shared our most passionate kiss yet.

I really appreciated the attention to detail in the book. I'm only a fan of figure skating but the book illustrated that world so well, I could easily see it all in my mind. Jennifer has done an amazing job to make this story flow effortlessly. It's hard to believe this is her first novel, this was a beautiful love story and I can't wait to read the rest of Emily and Sergei's story.

Rating: 4 out of 5 stars!  This is a great summer read!  Make sure you purchase both Life on the Edge and Edge of the Past because you will want to read them back to back!

Buy Life on the Edge on Amazon

Life on the Edge on Goodreads


No comments:

Post a Comment