Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Living Room

This past weekend I moved furniture around in my living room... for at least the 4th time (in a year).  In my defense one of those times involved making space for my Christmas tree so it doesn't count.

Since I spruced up my living room by swapping around furniture and getting new curtains, I thought it would be a good time to see how far this space has come.

Here is what the living room looked like when I first saw the house.


The stairs were a HUGE selling point for me.  They were gorgeous!  And after we refinished them they make a dramatic feature in the room.

The living room had little renovation work that needed to be done.  It was dying for some fresh paint and a really good cleaning.  Once we refinished the hardwood floors, this room was instantly transformed.

The living room is probably one of the more frequented spaces in my house because we eat in here and watch TV in here.  This was a challenging space to lay my furniture out in because nearly every wall has a door, some opening or stairs or something that you could not put furniture against. 


Sadly, we can only sit about 3-4 people comfortably in here.  Eventually we'd like to get a larger couch and one of those oversized chairs to replace my lovely hand-me-down red love-seat/chaise.


I use to have a full sized bookcase where the short dvd shelf is.  So now I need some type of art to hang above it on that wall. It looks kind of empty now.


My beautiful stairs! This picture really doesn't do them justice (bad lighting and such).  They also double as a great place to hang our stockings at Christmas!






No comments:

Post a Comment