Thursday, July 18, 2013

Beautiful Bastard

Beautiful Bastard by Christina Lauren

Beautiful Bastard is the hot, passionate story of an inner office relationship between a CEO, Bennett Ryan, and his intern, Chloe Mills. They have intense feelings of hate for each other because they are so much alike. They are both smart, determined, hardworking, loyal and use to being in control of things. The relationship get complicated when things heat up between them.

My boss, Mr. Bennett Ryan. Beautiful Bastard. My stomach clenched tightly at the thought of him: tall, gorgeous, and entirely evil.

This is a fast paced book. Just a few pages in and things are already hot and heavy. The story is told in alternating POVs (Chloe vs. Bennett). I enjoyed being able to understand how each character was feeling and how they felt for each other. This was a fun read, great way to spend a rain day afternoon. Not all stories need to be deep and emotional, this lighthearted, sexy novel was a great change of pace.

Do women still wear garter belts and stockings to work?  Living in the South it is way to hot for stockings ever, so I found this kind of odd. But what girl hasn't chosen an outfit to drive a guy crazy? We've all been there.

And just because I knew it would get to him, I purposely recrossed my legs, making sure my skirt rode up a bit more than was appropriate. Maybe he needed to remember who could win at this game.

I think Chloe and Bennett's relationship makes sense because we want to be challenged in our relationships. They keep each other on their toes. It's fresh and honest. Their relationship is a power struggle, both are use to being in control, and it is interesting to find out who will give up control and admit how they ultimately feel.

I had never felt this way, and I had never expected to feel this about him. I wanted to slap him, and then pull him up by his shirt and lick his neck. (Chloe)
I wanted her. I wanted her more than any woman I'd ever seen. The big problem was I also hated her. (Bennett)

Rating: 5 out of 5 stars! If you are a fan of Adult Erotic Romance Novels I think you will love this book. I would definitively re-read this book. I have already read it twice!

Buy Beautiful Bastard on Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment