Friday, January 31, 2014

Book Review: The Bitches of Brooklyn

The Bitches of Brooklyn by Rosemary Harris

How well do you trust your man and your best friends? The Bitches of Brooklyn is a clever romance mystery novel that brings 5 friends' trust into question.
Apologies for the short notice but I won't be making our little reunion this year. I've run off with one of your men.
I'm not a huge mystery fan, but I really enjoyed this kind of "whodunit" novel. I loved going back and forth trying to guess who the man was! It was an interesting way for each girl's insecurities in their relationship to be exposed and for them to deal with those insecurities and possibly fix the relationship.

Harris is an excellent, sophisticated writer. There are lots of details with the 5 Bitches, their men and everyone else they meet and at times it was a little overwhelming keeping track of everything. This was a good stand alone novel with an epilogue that tied up any loose ends.

I think this story would make an intriguing movie. I know it was based off a classic Hollywood film, so I could definitively see a remake in the future.

Rating: 4 out of 5 Stars. The trill of discovering which man Abby ran off with kept me from putting the book down. A great combination for Romance and Mystery book lovers.

*ARC from Netgalley

No comments:

Post a Comment