Friday, May 23, 2014

Chocolate Lava Pie

I am a HUGE fan of The Chew and watch it religiously everyday. Last week Carla made a Chocolate Lava Pie that we knew we needed to try!


I was feeling lazy, so I used a store bought chocolate pie crust that I blind baked for 5 minutes (according to the package directions.)

Also (due to laziness) I used the microwave to melt my chocolate and butter together.

Then I used my stand mixer to mix my eggs and sugar. I made sure to blend them until they thickened and turned a lemon color.



Once the eggs and sugar were blended, I added the vanilla, flour and salt. Then I combined the egg mixture and the melted chocolate mixture with the chocolate chips.


I poured the filling into the chocolate pie shell and baked in a 350 degree oven for 25 minutes.


After 25 minutes the pie was jiggly in the center, so I baked for 5 more minutes. I used the toothpick test to make sure it was done.


The texture of this pie is amazing. It's like a warm soft brownie with pie crust! It's super rich and delicous!

For the entire recipe, please visit TheChew.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment