Thursday, July 7, 2011

Apple of my eye

Dear Apple,

As I sit here typing this blog on my MacBook Pro, I can't help but think of all the Apple products I have owned. My first was a MacBook circa 2004 or 2005 that came with a Fifth generation iPod for a nominal fee.

My iPod
This MacBook lasted me 6 years, and I have since passed it on to my brother who is still enjoying it (He did purchase a new battery for it, since the old one wasn't holding a charge anymore).  I added extra memory to it, but other than that the MacBook gave me no problems.  I did have to replace the MagSafe Power Adaptor due to fraying.  I read numerous reports of this happening and I recall that Apple reconfigured the Adaptor material to help prevent this from occuring.

Then 2 years ago I got a 3GS iPhone.  I love my iPhone,  I honestly don't know how I lived without it. Within the past 2 years I have gone through 3 Apple Dock Connector to USB Cables.  I find it hard to believe I am the only person having this problem.  I don't abuse my cables, I don't wrap them up, or stuff them in my purse.  My cable just rests on my nightstand.  That's all.  Am I just cursed when it comes to Apple Cables and Adapters? Does someone else make these accessories?  Because if my MacBook and iPod can survive 6+ years then why can't the cables?

I am a loyal Apple fan.  I purchased a new MacBook Pro last year and I love it.  I love the OS, it's so easy to use. I love iTunes, iMovie, iEtc.  I'm a designer and I know many other designers who share my love for Apple.  But I also know some that don't.  (But everyone knows that Macs are better at the creative stuff ;).)

All I ask of you Apple, is to create all your products with the same standards as your computers and other devices.  Please don't make me a hypocrite for all the praises I have given you and for all the times I stood up for you when others were a "PC".

Because "Hello, my name is Sarah, and I'm a Mac."

1 comment:

  1. My husband and I got our first Mac in January and before that we had been strictly PC. I didn't think I would like a Mac but I was so wrong. We got the MacBook AIr and I love it! I didn't realize how annoying a PC was until we got the Mac and it's so much easier to use.

    ReplyDelete