Monday, January 13, 2014

Books to Read in 2014

I'm making my 2014 To Read Book List. I always like to check out what books are going to be hitting the big screen so I can get a jump start and read those before seeing the film. A few of the books on my 2014 list are being made into movies (Here is a great list from Buzzfeed), some are from a book series and others are just books I've been meaning to read.

Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn

I started this book last year and just didn't find the time to finish it. Now that Ben Affleck is taking the big screen as Nick, I must find the time to read this series!

The Beautiful Bastard Series by Christina Lauren

I loved Beautiful Bastard so I have to read the rest of these books! I love Christina & Lauren's writing style and the fast pace of these books.

A Long Way Down by Nick Hornby

To be honest, I had not heard of this book until I read about the upcoming movie. It reminds me of a few other movies like Valentine's Day or Love Actually where it is told from multiple points of view. Although it differs greatly in topic - people who are wanting to end their lives, I'm hoping this will be an interesting read.

The Giver by Lois Lowry

I read The Giver back in school as required reading. I don't really remember much, probably because it was over my head at the time. I'm excited to reread this book before the movie comes out. I'm also excited for the movie because I'm a BIG Taylor Swift fan and can't wait to see her on the big screen again.

 What books are you looking forward to read in 2014?

No comments:

Post a Comment