Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Thanks Ma'am...

Don't tell anyone but I turned 26.  To be honest I am not where I thought I would be by now.  I had set goals for myself that I wanted to accomplish.  One was to visit Greece by the time I was 25.  Well, that didn't happen.  I don't even have a passport.  (I've been meaning to get one tho.)

Lately, I haven't been a fan of celebrating birthdays because they just remind me that I haven't accomplished everything I've wanted.

So, we didn't really celebrate my birthday, we worked at a fireworks stand this past weekend.  It's a lot of work but a fun experience.  But it was like everyone knew.  I was called Ma'am all day!!  Do I look like a Ma'am?  It was like salt in a wound. 

I think most girls have had a moment like this one Rachel Green from Friends had on her 30th Birthday.

I had it figured out that I would be married by the time I was 25, 26 at the latest, because I wanted to be married for a few years before I had children etc etc. Well, for those of you who don't know me, I'm not married, engaged or anything.  But I am in love.  I've found that person, which I think is probably the hardest part of "the plan". 

So, I want to thank him - for accepting that I hate celebrating birthdays, for saying I'm still 21, for everything he does.  He's amazing and the best birthday gift I could ever want.

1 comment: