Thursday, June 30, 2011

If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen!

When I first started looking to buy a house, I didn't focus too much on the kitchen.  I'm not the greatest cook, and it isn't much fun cooking for one. So, I didn't need anything fancy or sizable, I just needed a kitchen.

My house had a decent sized kitchen, granted it was unusable because it had no appliances!




We ended up removing everything from the kitchen - cabinets, counter tops, flooring - All 7 layers of hideous flooring!  I did save the cabinet knobs since they were brand new.

I finally got around to cleaning my kitchen and taking the 'after' shots of the renovation.



Originally, there was no pantry, so we added a pantry where the A/C Unit use to be.
I have to give a shout out to Rachael Ray for this great pantry organization tip - Use an over the door shoe rack to organize all the little things!  It's a great help and saves a lot of space!


Unfortunately, there isn't really a dining room in my house.  So I have a small eating area in my kitchen.  Thankfully, I found this great table at Bed Bath and Beyond that fit perfectly!


I think my favorite part of my new kitchen is the 'chandelier' light fixture above my table.  I got it on clearance at Lowe's for $70!  

I am definitively enjoying my new kitchen!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the shoe rack idea!!! We have tons of small snacks and seasoning envelopes laying around in the pantry! I will totally be getting that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks even better in person! What a beautiful house!

    ReplyDelete