Friday, October 12, 2012

Halloween Lanterns

I love Fall!  As soon as the weather gets cool, I am ready to decorate!

While looking at Pinterest to find ways to use my extra canning jars, I found this neat idea to make Halloween Lanterns. It also gave me a chance to cut vinyl with my Cricut.

I found a great site to order vinyl from - Expressions Vinyl.  They also have videos on how to "weed" and transfer vinyl so it was perfect for a beginner.

I used Martha Stewart's new glass paints to paint my 3 jars.  I baked them in the oven to set the paint.


I began by creating my Halloween design in Cricut Craft Room and cutting them out of Black Outdoor Vinyl.


I used transfer tape to apply the deigns to my jars -  This was so easy!


After removing the transfer tape, I had 3 beautiful Halloween Lanterns!



I used battery tea lights inside the jars so I could leave the lids on.  I may make handles to hang them on my porch for Halloween night!

No comments:

Post a Comment