Monday, November 5, 2012

Door Decor


A few months ago I stumbled upon this Door Initial idea on Pinterest - Door Initial Monogram Shabby Chic. I thought it was super cute, but I could easily make it for much less than $50.  

We started by choosing a font and making a template for the letter. Then we cut the letters out of plywood.


I painted a base coat of a dark brown.  Then I layered a barn red over it.  It look a few layers and mixes to achieve the antique look I was going for.  I found the best way was to paint the red and then use my fingers to blend in some browns for accent.

I picked up some fabric flowers, lace ribbon and wheat at my craft store to decorate the letters.

Here is my letter S and the inspiration Letter S.

 

I am pleased with how mine turned out (definitively shabby-chic), and it cost much less than $10.  
My door S is hanging in my kitchen now, since I have my fall wreath on my front door.


No comments:

Post a Comment