Thursday, June 12, 2014

Cricut Crafting


In anticipation for my new Cricut Explore (an electronic cutting machine), I wanted to share some of my favorite crafts I've made with my Cricut.

I initially bought my Cricut for Scrap booking, I wasn't really aware of all the crafting possibilities it had!

My first "Big" craft outside of scrap booking was an invitation for my friend's wedding shower. It was tropical themed, so I knew my Life is a Beach cartridge would be perfect. I combined that with my Wild Card cartridge to create an envelope!


I printed the invitations on white card stock with a tropical font, added the flip flops and glued them to the envelope.

After I upgraded to the Cricut Expression, I learned about vinyl. Basically, my Cricut could cut shapes and monograms into stickers!

I had an abundance of Mason Jars, and had seen numerous Pins about making lanterns for Halloween. I used glass paint and painted the inside of my Mason Jars green, orange and purple.


I purchased some outdoor black vinyl and cut out some Halloween shapes. After using transfer tape to position my cutouts, I added battery powered tea lights to complete the lanterns. Now I have a great decoration I use every year for the trick-or-treaters! (You can read my full post on the Lanterns here.)

The craft I am most proud of are the family vacation shirts I made. In 2012 we took a family vacation to Disney World! It's very popular for families to wear matching Disney themed shirts so I knew we needed some!

I had purchased the Disney Mickey Font cartridge years ago and never fully utilized it. Now I was finally getting my chance! I knew I wanted the year (2012), our monograms and Christmas Vacation on the shirts. I played around with a few design ideas and placement using paper cuts outs.

I cut the final design out of heat transfer t-shirt vinyl and ironed the cut outs on to green and red t-shirts!


These were so EASY to make! They were also affordable, much less than getting custom shirts printed. We received so many compliments while at Disney, people even asked where they could buy the shirts.

I can't wait to get my new Cricut Explore and craft some more!


No comments:

Post a Comment