Friday, June 27, 2014

First Craft using Cricut Design Space

Part of my craft room organization included creating a binder for all my recipe print outs. I had no idea I had so many recipe prints, copies or tears (from magazines)! I used binder sheet protectors and dividers to neatly organize all the papers.

I put the binder on my book case and it was just a boring black binder. It needed a label and I had just the tool to create it - My Cricut Explore!

I opened up Cricut Design Space and found a fun font for my Recipes label.


I love the new Cricut Design Space! It is so easy to use, very similar to the Adobe Creative Suite. It was easy to select the font, center it and size my image. I can't wait to create more complex designs using the Space! Since I'm a designer, I love that I will be able to upload my own custom designs!

I found a scrap of Red Easyweed Vinyl, and cut out my creation. (I already "weeded" the design before I thought to take a picture. But it was easier than Easy!)


I used transfer tape to remove the vinyl from its backing and positioned it on the binder spine.




Transfer tape is a must have! It makes vinyl crafting a breeze! 


While my first Cricut Explore/Design Space craft wasn't so impressive, it reinforced my decision of getting a new Cricut. I can already tell that crafting with the new Design Space is limitless!

No comments:

Post a Comment