Friday, July 25, 2014

His Reverie Review

His Reverie
by Monica Murphy

Summary from Goodreads:

I knew from the moment I first saw her she was the one. The only girl I could ever want.

The only girl I could ever love.

She is light.

I am darkness.

She is innocent.

I’ve done too much.

She is good.

I am bad.

She is my every dream.

I should be her every nightmare.

We come from different worlds. She’s…perfect. And I’m…

Not.

Somehow she wants me anyway. So we’ll grasp at what we can. We’re going to make this summer count. She’s my secret. And I’m hers.

The problem with secrets is they never last for long. And when others discover we’re together, they’ll do whatever it takes to keep us apart. All I know is: I won’t let them.

Because Reverie Hale? She’s mine.


My Review


Reverie is so sweet and innocent, It's hard to believe she is about to be 17. Growing up with a reverend for a father and a witchy mother has made her the naive, innocent girl who is dying to break free and rebel.  All she wants is to fall in love.

She's a total contradiction. Shy and direct. Sweet and sexy.

Monica Murphy draws you in because you really feel for Nick. He has been through so much: betrayed by his best friend and ex-girlfriend, going to jail for a crime he didn't commit and losing his mother to cancer. Nick is so hard on himself. He doesn't think he is good enough for Reverie just because of his past.

I'm used up goods and she's virginal perfection.

I really enjoyed the format of this story. We get to read both Nick and Reverie's POV. Except in Reverie's case, we are reading her diary entries.  I thought this was a very unique and clever way to tell their story.

Rating: 3 out of 5 Stars. This is a beautifully written story. It took me a little while to get into and believe the connection and feelings between Nick and Reverie. All the ups and downs Nick and Reverie endure make your heart break right along with theirs. His Reverie ends on a HUGE cliff hanger, the sequel His Destiny comes out in August 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment