Saturday, July 9, 2016

Will You Be My Bridesmaid?

The first craft I started on after we got engaged was a way to ask my besties to be a part of our special day!

I knew I wanted to do something more than just a text or call, so I decided to write them a note asking them to be in the bridal party.

I bought a pack of craft paper cards from Hobby Lobby. (I thought these would make nice 'Thank You' cards as well.) I design the 'Will You Be Mys' in Adobe Illustrator, then uploaded the files as svgs into Cricut Design Space. I used the brushed gold Cricut Vinyl for the Bridesmaid/man and Maid of Honor text, and regular black, white and pink vinyl for the rest.


I searched on Pinterest to find a cute saying or poem for the card and came across this one, which fit perfectly.
I need...
something old,
something new,
something borrowed,
something blue,
but most importantly...
I need you!
I layed the words out in Illustrator and printed on white cardstock then trimmed to fit inside the card.

 
On the inside bottom of the card I wrote a personal message to each of my friends asking them to stand by me on my wedding day.

I was so excited to receive their responses of YES! I couldn't ask for 3 better people to share this special day with me.


No comments:

Post a Comment