Sunday, January 29, 2017

My First Challenge Card

MFTWSC317

To get me moving on my 2017 goal of making my own cards, I decided to try my first MFT Sketch Challenge! This challenge provides a basic layout to inspire your design.

I decided to incorporate my newest stamp set - You Bake Me Happy by My Favorite Things. This set is features some absolutely adorable baking and kitchen related sentiments!


I used My Favorite Things Wild Cherry cardstock for the card and created a border with some Valentine's themed paper. Then I cut a scallop edge border out of white card stock. 

I used my Cricut to cut two different cupcakes, both from the Sweet Treats cartridge. I assembled the cupcakes and used some craft foam to give them dimension off the card. I used my Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pen to color the cherry and heart toppings to give them some shimmer.



Lastly, I white heat embossed the sentiment You Bake Me Happy. I think it turned out so cute and I can't wait to send it to someone!

No comments:

Post a Comment