Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Deco Mesh Obsessed

A few months ago I decided to make a wreath using Deco Mesh. I've seen the mesh everywhere so I decided to see what all the fuss was about!

The great thing about Deco Mesh is that it holds its shape and can withstand the outdoor elements  - rain and sun. (No fading!)

So I started making a Fall wreath. I used a 21'' Poly Mesh roll of brown and orange stripe and a 10'' roll of gold.  For my first wreath I used a Styrofoam wreath and floral pins to attach the mesh.  I used some olive green ribbon for bows and a few fall picks to decorate the wreath.


I also added a string of battery powered lights. I think my first Deco Mesh wreath turned out nice. Using the styrofiam wreath I had to use more mesh to cover it and make it look full. I decided to keep researching to find a better/easier way to make things with Deco Mesh. 

I found the Mardi Gras Outlet's online videos which inspired me to make a Christmas wreath and garland.

Here is the wreath How-to Video - 


And the garland How-to Video -



The secret to making Deco Mesh wreaths is the work wreaths and work garlands! And my Hobby Lobby has all Deco Mesh supplies on sale 50% off!

For my Christmas Wreath I used a 21" Poly Mesh roll in Red, green and white stripe, a 10" roll in green and a 2.5" red ribbon.


I used small red, green, and white ornaments as accents and a strand of white battery operated lights. I think it turned out great! I can't wait to decorate my porch for the holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment