Monday, June 27, 2011

As Long as You Love Me...

For our one year anniversary (April 3, 2011) I got Michael tickets to the NKOTBSB Concert.  I'll admit this was partly a selfish gift because I am a HUGE BSB fan! (I saw them February 26th, 2000 at the Superdome and January 27th, 2001 at the Georgia Dome.)


With my BFF Katie at our First BSB Show in 2000!


Getting all dolled up for the show in Georgia with Katie and Laura.

Michael loves 90's music and had definitively expressed interest in seeing NKOTB.  He even bought their greatest hits cd! So I knew he would be excited to see them in concert.

So after a 2+ hour drive to Lafayette we finally arrived at the Cajundome!


The show was amazing!  Nearly 3 hours of NKOTB and BSB songs!  They played all of their hits and then some! It was probably the loudest concert I have ever attended - the screaming fans were nearly deafening.  At one point Donnie ripped his tank top off and the crowd went crazy!!

NKOTB on the rising platform.

The one negative was our dancing neighbor.  She clearly didn't understand she needed to stay within her chair area.  She kept bumping into us!

I know Michael had a great time, he was singing along to all the songs!

BSB!
I was very impressed by the set-up of the show.  They did a few group numbers, then Nkotb would sing 3 songs, then they would swap. And these boys can still sing and dance!  Nkotb has been doing this for 25 years and they are pros!  BSB has been performing for 18 years and you'd never know they weren't all in their teens and 20s.


It was a great show.  Michael is ready to see them again!

To view all my pics from the concert, click here.


1 comment:

  1. My husband and I say NKOTB in Bossier in '09 and LOVED it...I think he sang along more than I did. They really did put on a great show! So jealous!

    ReplyDelete