Monday, June 27, 2011

Product Review - Filtrete Water Station

Filtrete Water Station
As an early birthday gift, my mom got me a Filtrete Water Station. I had seen the commercials and I thought it was a great idea since I always buy cases of bottled water. 

So far I really like this water filtration station.  It will definitively save me money.  The station costs around $35 and comes with 4 bottles and 1 filter. (Filters usually last 3 months).  Not only will this save me money, but I won't feel as bad for throwing away all those plastic bottles.  

I do have a few complaints.  First, it is not recommended to wash the bottles in the dishwasher.  I'm not a fan of hand washing, so I think I will try to just wash the bottle lids in the dishwasher and hand wash the rest.  Secondly, the station takes up some precious counter top space.  I already have far too many items on my counter top, so I may need to find a new location for this.  Lastly, the station has a spout so you can fill glasses or pitchers.  The problem is the height of the unit.  I had to prop the station up in order to rest a pitcher under the spout.

All in all, I really like this filtration system.  I will continue is use it in conjunction with my Brita Pitcher.  Thanks mom for a great early birthday gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment